The Newport Aquatic Center is a Membership Facility with Hourly, Monthly and Annual Memberships available.
Please read the below announcement for new Annual and Monthly Membership systems!
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP – $48
Use for any college student over 18 with a valid college ID for 30 days from sign-up date. This membership does NOT automatically renew.
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP – $75
Use for one person over 18 for 30 days from sign-up date. This membership does NOT automatically renew.
FAMILY MEMBERSHIP – $125
Use for 1-2 head of household adults and any of their children 7-17 years of age for 30 days from sign-up date. This membership does NOT automatically renew.
You have the option to pay in full or monthly auto debit. Annual memberships are a 1 year contract with an early termination fee (equal to your balance due) and automatically renew after 1 year. Members who pay in full will receive an invoice prior to their renewal date, members who are on monthly auto debit will automatically be renewed after the year is up. It is the member’s responsibility to turn in a cancellation form if they do not want to renew, at least 10 days before renewal.
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP – $575/year or $48/month
Use for one person over 18 for a full year from sign-up date.
FAMILY MEMBERSHIP – $835/year or $70/ month
Use for 1-2 head of household adults and any of their children 7-17 years of age for a full year from sign-up date.
Add on a Locker
Annual members are eligible for permanent lockers, which are theirs to keep year-round.
- $120/year if you pay in full
- $10/month if you pay monthly
If you are an annual member also looking to purchase your boat storage spot, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Memberships are not valid until payment is received. We accept cash, check, Visa and Mastercard at the front desk. Or you can email email@example.com if you wish to mail in a check or pay with credit card over the phone. Your membership starts on the day that payment is received.
– Outriggers/Surfskis/SUPs/Kayaks – $540/year
– Single Rowing Shell – $804/year
– Double Rowing Shell – $1,200/year
– Quad Rowing Shell – $1,804/year
Boat storage is only available to NAC Annual Members and may be limited. Boat storage prices are in addition to your membership.
Please ask our Boat Storage Manager about availability before purchasing:
Robbie – firstname.lastname@example.org
Boat Storage Policies
- It is your responsibility to ensure all personal property. NAC is not responsible for stored personal property.
- You must inform the Boat Storage Manager if you want to move your boat to a new location.
- In order to maintain your boat location, your account must be current. If your
payment is over 90 days past due, your boat will be removed from the boathouse.
- If you sell your boat, the storage spot does not come with the boat. If the new owner wants to store the boat at NAC, they need to contact the Boat Storage Manager.
- Please complete the Boat Storage Cancelation Form AND notify the Boat Storage Manager if you remove your boat.
MEMBERSHIP RULES AND BENEFITS
- All members are required to scan their membership card at the front desk upon each visit. If equipment is being taken out on the water, we will hold on to your card.
- NAC does not offer a guest policy. All guests will be asked to pay the normal rental rate for kayaks and SUP’s only. If the guests are family, they must have been included in the family membership upon signing up. A family membership includes the immediate household, two heads of household and kids between the ages of 7-18.
- Please treat the equipment with care; ask for assistance in carrying it up or down the beach, and please never drag equipment. After each use, please return the equipment to its designated location including any lifejackets and paddles.
- NAC equipment must not leave Newport Harbor (into the open ocean) unless accompanied by an NAC coach.
- NAC equipment must not be left unattended anywhere in the harbor.
- Minimum ages for NAC equipment:
- Kayaks: 7 years old
- SUPs and OCs: 14 years old
- Rowing Shells: 18 years old
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Only 1 person is allowed on the SUPs at a time.
- You must wear a lifejacket on the kayaks and a leash on the SUPs.
- Dogs are allowed on the kayaks but not the SUPs.
- The NAC has a few dog life jackets available for use.
- All monthly and annual members have full access to what the facility has to offer, including kayaks, SUP’s, outriggers, surfskis, rowing shells, the weight room, locker rooms/showers, and rowing machines.
- There is a 2-hour time limit on all NAC equipment. Equipment cannot be reserved.
- Both people must be members when taking out an OC2.
- If one person is not a member on a double kayak, they just need to pay half of the rental rate.
- Day-use lockers are free to all members, you just need to provide your own lock. Please remove your lock by the end of the day, or it is subject to being cut off.
- Besides the rowing shells, all other equipment does not require a private lesson before use. Please ask the staff members if you would like a free mini-lesson on the beach, prior to first use.
- Staff members are happy to help anyone who needs assistance carrying their boat up or down the beach.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is the facility open during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Yes, we are open with restrictions. All visitors are required to continue physically distancing and wear their mask while on the premise. Visitors are not required to wear masks while out on the water in our equipment.
Do you accept credit cards as a form of payment?
Yes, we accept all major credit cards. We also accept cash and check.
How do I cancel my membership?
Annual memberships automatically renew after the first year; members who pay in full will receive an invoice prior to their renewal date, members who are on auto debit will automatically be renewed after the year is up.
The annual membership is a one year contract, once your year is up you are able to cancel anytime. To cancel your membership, you must fill out a cancellation form located online under “resources” or “memberships”. You may also fill out the cancellation form at the front office at NAC.
Members who signed up for the monthly “no-contract” memberships will have no automatic renewal. Monthly membership are a one-time flat fee; members are responsible for paying again if they wish to continue their memberships.
What are your hours of operation?
Membership Facility Hours:
Monday-Thursday 6am – 8pm
Friday 6am – 7pm
Saturday & Sunday 6am – 6pm
Monday – Thursday 7am – 4:30pm
Friday 7am – 3:45pm
Saturday & Sunday 7am – 3:45pm
What are the membership benefits?
When you join as a member, you get full access to the facility including: kayaks, SUP’s, outriggers, surfskis, rowing shells, the weight room, the locker rooms and the rowing machines
Who is included in the family membership?
The family membership is considered the immediate household: 2 heads of house, and kids aged 7-18. All family members must sign a liability waiver upon joining.
If I am a member, can I have a guest come with me?
We do not have a guest policy. All guests are required to rent kayaks and SUP’s at the normal rental rate. There are no non-members allowed on our member only equipment (sculls, outriggers, surfskis)