The NAC Junior Outrigger Team and Community Outreach Program is a year-round fitness based youth development program serving middle and high school (11-19 years) girls and boys throughout Orange County. The program serves 25-30 student athletes per year. Athletes in this program compete year-round in local, county, state, and national tournaments in single, double and six person canoes and kayaks.
In addition to accepting student athletes from surrounding school districts, we also accept athletes through a partnership with the City of Santa Ana program PROJECT P.R.I.D.E.
Through this partnership, NAC is able to provide at-risk kids from the City of Santa Ana positive alternatives with an emphasis on physical fitness, leadership skills, teamwork, sportsmanship, positive self-concept, a sense of accomplishment and environmental stewardship.
Students meet at the NAC after school 3 days a week for water and land based fitness training and classroom instruction. Additionally, participants have the option to compete in local, state and national events.
- Provide a challenging and rewarding opportunity for middle and high school students athletes that incorporates a high level of team work, physical conditioning, health and wellness education and community stewardship opportunities.
- Develop a sense of respect for the environment.
- Provide marine recreation opportunities for youth and families who might not otherwise have access to the water.
- Build life-long friendships.
- Monday – Wednesday – Friday: 3:30 – 5:30pm
- Paddlers should come prepared to run and or paddle to every practice. Bring shoes and a water bottle everyday
- When ever a practice is canceled, you will be notified by the coaches.
There is an email group that is used frequently for communication. If you are not receiving emails from Kelly or firstname.lastname@example.org please be sure to let us know ASAP! We will use this list to send out communication on races, any changes to practice schedules, and other announcements, including with our newsletter.